This website is maintained by OPW. OPW does not have any responsibility for the Privacy policies or practices of third-party sites linked to this site.
Users of the OPW site are entitled to expect that any information as a result of that use will be treated within the terms of the New South Wales Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1988.
What information do we collect?
When you look at the pages on the OPW website, our server automatically collects information that identifies, for each page accessed:
- The IP (Internet Protocol) address of the machine that has accessed it
- Your top-level domain name (IE: .com, .gov, .au, .uk)
- The address of your server
- The date and time of your visit
- The pages accessed and documents downloaded
- The type of internet client used to access the site
- Various technical capabilities of your internet client
How do we use the information collected?
The information collected is used to improve navigation and the site, and for reports that identify usage patterns.
OPW will not disclose or publish information that identifies individual machines, or potentially identifies sub-groupings of addresses, without consent.
Who has access to this information?
What exceptions are there to this rule?
OPW will gather more extensive information than stated above in the following circumstances:
- Unauthorised attempts to access files which are not published OPW pages;
- Unauthorised tampering or interference with files published on OPW site;
- Unauthorised attempts to index the contents of OPW by other websites;
- Attempts to intercept messages of other OPW users;
- Communications which are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or groups or which give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed;
- Attempts to otherwise compromise the security of the web server, breach the laws of the State of New South Wales or Commonwealth of Australia, or interfere with the enjoyment of the OPW website by other users.
OPW reserves the right to make disclosures to relevant authorities where the use of the OPW site raises a suspicion that an offence is being, or has been committed.
In the event of an investigation, OPW will provide access to data to any law enforcement agency that may exercise a warrant to inspect our logs.
What will we do with information provided as feedback?
OPW provides feedback facilities to allow users to provide their input into the future development of the site and to comment on the site.
The provision of personal details on feedback forms is optional.
Users may provide personal details for the purpose of purchasing a product or receiving a reply to their feedback. This information will only be used for the purpose for which it was provided. Your email address may be added to a mailing list for future marketing purposes - you will be given the option to opt-out of future mailings.
OPW may publish aggregated information about feedback on the site, to the extent that it does not identify or cannot be used to identify individual users.
Will this policy be updated over time?
Due to the developing nature of privacy principles for online communication, this policy may be modified or expanded in light of new developments or issues that may arise from time to time.
Last updated: 15 Nov 2011